Humber team is delighted to offer this Networked Learning and Teaching workshop as a professional development opportunity for faculty across National Economics University.
Schedule for live online workshop:
8:00 am – 9:30 am, Friday, December 11, 2020 (Vietnam time)
Deadline for registration: Friday, November 27.
Registration at: https://forms.gle/YfgfCdfWFwURGTse9
Humber will then follow up with the participants on the self-study materials and link for the online workshop. No software/installation required, participants will just need to click on the link provided to join the workshop.
1. Creating a Community of Inquiry Online by building social, teaching, and cognitive presence
– Social presence is the ability of participants to identify with the community (e.g., course of study), communicate purposefully in a trusting environment, and develop inter-personal relationships by ways of projecting their individual personalities.
– Teaching Presence is the design, facilitation, and direction of cognitive and social processes to realize personally meaningful and educationally worthwhile learning outcomes
– Cognitive Presence is the extent to which learners can construct and confirm meaning through sustained reflection and discourse
2. Facilitating social, teaching, and cognitive presence in online teaching environments
– this section offers practical suggestions professors can use to build these presences in their courses
3. The fundamental ways humans learn
– this section outlines the six ways humans engage in learning
4. Facilitating human learning through the use of digital and conventional technologies
– this section contrasts and provides suggestions on how digital and conventional technologies can be used to support learning
5. Open Educational Resources
– this part provides participants with open and free to use resources they can use to facilitate online and/or in-class learning
Pre-workshop self-study materials
Before the workshop, Humber would provide the participants with pre-reading/self-study materials before the live workshop. This will helps participants to
1. have a basic idea of two frameworks (Community of Inquiry and Technology Integration Matrix) to organize their facilitation sessions.
2. be aware of the different ways’ technology is used in education
3. have links to a set of resources to use in different types of engagement activities
Humber College ITAL